TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY
1.1 “Customer” means the person to whom Products are sold by Turpin Distribution on behalf of a Publisher and/or, as the case may be, to whom Turpin Distribution provides the Services. For example, but not restricted to, booksellers, individuals, institutions and subscription agents.
1.2 "Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale and/or supply set out in the document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by Turpin Distribution and/or the Publisher.
1.3 "Price" means the price for the Products and/or, as the case may be, Services excluding VAT.
1.4 "Products" means the Publications (whether print or on-line) sold by Turpin Distribution to the Customer on behalf of the Publisher.
1.5 "Services" means the form of Services (if any) supplied by Turpin Distribution to the Customer.
1.6 "Publisher" means the publisher, publishers or owner of the Products.
1.7 "VAT" means value added tax.
1.8 "Invoice" means documentation including pro-forma, renewal reminder or invoice.
1.9 "Turpin Distribution" is the trading name of Turpin Distribution Services Limited (registered in England no.1331778) whose registered office is at Pegasus Drive, Stratton Business Park, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire,.SG18 8TQ.
2. CONDITIONS APPLICABLE
2.1 These Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the supply of Products or Services provided by Turpin Distribution to the Customer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms and conditions which the Customer may purport to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order or similar document.
2.2 All orders for Products or, as the case may be, Services, shall be deemed to be an offer by the Customer to purchase Products and/or, as the case may be, Services pursuant to these conditions.
2.3 Any variation to these Conditions shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by Turpin Distribution and/or the Publisher.
3. PRICE AND PAYMENT
3.1 The Price shall be the price set out on the Invoice. Where applicable, VAT will be charged at the rate prevailing on the date of the invoice. Prices quoted for unavailable items are subject to change and are for information only.
3.2 Payment of the Price and VAT shall be due within 30 days of the date of the invoice unless otherwise stated on the invoice.
3.3 Back orders for unavailable titles will be recorded but payment will not be taken until the goods are available.
3.4 Details on your credit card statement may show Turpin Distribution Services Ltd.
3.5 All transactions are supported by TNS Pay.
4. DUPLICATE PAYMENT
4.1 We reserve the right to deduct an administration fee, to cover the costs incurred when refunding duplicate payments.
5. WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
5.1 Turpin Distribution is selling the Products as agent for the Publisher and consequently all warranties, conditions and terms whether relating to fitness for purpose, merchantability or condition or otherwise howsoever and whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
5.2 Turpin Distribution reserves the right, upon giving prior notice in writing to the Customer, to refuse to provide or withdraw the Services if in Turpin Distribution's reasonable opinion, it may be liable to criminal prosecution by doing or continuing to do so.
5.3 Turpin Distribution shall not in any circumstances whatsoever or howsoever arising be liable for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever caused.
6 ACCEPTANCE OF PRODUCTS/SERVICES
6.1 The Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Products or Services immediately after delivery to the Customer at the address shown as the Despatch Address for print products or upon access to on-line content for non-print products.
6.2 After acceptance of the Products or Services, the Customer shall not be entitled to a refund (notwithstanding statutory rights) without the prior written approval of Turpin Distribution.
7. NO WAIVER
7.1 Failure by Turpin Distribution to insist upon strict performance of any of the terms of these conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of Turpin Distribution's rights and remedies in any subsequent failure by the Customer to observe any of the terms hereof.
8. TITLE AND RISK
8.1 Title to the Products shall remain with the Publisher until the Customer has paid the Price and VAT in full.
8.2 Risk in the Products shall pass to the Customer on despatch.
9. FORCE MAJEURE
9.1 No liability shall attach to Turpin Distribution for loss or damage or delivery delays or failure to supply the Products and/or Services arising from factors outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, act of God, acts or omissions of civil or military authority, war, fire, flood, natural disaster, labour disputes, plant breakdown, shortage of supplies or compliance with orders lawfully given by any public authority.
10.1 This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with this contract.
10.2 Turpin Distribution is registered as Turpin Distribution Services Ltd under the Data Protection Act as a user of computer data. Your name may be included in our computerised mailing system to receive information of new publications or services. Please advise our Customer Services Department should you choose not to receive this information.
11. CONDITIONS OF USING THIS WEBSITE
The terms and conditions stated below refer to usage of Turpin Distribution Service Ltd's e-commerce site only. Turpin Distribution acts as an order fulfilment agent for various publishers and accepts no liability in relation to the contract between the Publisher and the Customer. Customers should contact the Publisher for specific terms and conditions of supply.
- Turpin Distribtion collects monies on behalf of Publishers. Payment by credit/debit card is the only method of payment in the e-commerce site. Turpin Distribution accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express and most major debit cards.
- Prices may vary according to the type of Customer. Please note that an individual Customer is only defined as valid when purchase is made using a personal credit card and delivery is to a home address. Turpin Distribution reserves the right to charge the price which is appropriate to the customer irrespective of the selection made in the e-commerce site. Failure to pay the correct price may result in suspension of supply until any underpayments are received by Turpin Distribution.
- Turpin Distribution reserves the right to charge any additional delivery costs arising as a result of a change to the delivery address. Deliveries may be suspended while any such additional costs remain unpaid.
- VAT at the UK standard rate is chargeable for online Products or Services supplied to UK-based customers, and for non-registered customers based elsewhere in the EU. Tax registered customers in the EU (excluding UK) must state their VAT number, or VAT at the appropriate % will be charged. Purchases may be subject to tax and invoice totals may recalculate at the prevailing tax rates.
- Products or Services which have a combination of online and printed elements will be subject to VAT, where appropriate. The proportion of value attributed to the element may vary by publisher and title.
- Our site may contain links to other sites which we believe may be of interest to you. These sites are not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for their content.
- The materials in the Site are provided without warranties of any kind either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security or accuracy. Turpin Distribution will not be liable for any damages or injury caused by, including but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, line failure, technical inaccuracies, typographical errors or the inability to use the materials in the site.